Laziz Recipes: Fattoush
Fattoush, arguably Lebanon’s most famous salad right next to Tabbouleh, is the epitome of a garden salad. Right from the ground, washed, and tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
- 1 head Lettuce, shredded
- 1 large Tomato, diced
- 1 large Cucumber, diced
- 1 bunch Green Onions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch Radishes, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 bunch Parsley, chopped
- 1 handful Mint finely chopped
- 1/2 cup quality Olive Oil
- Juice from 1 large Lemon
- 1 tablespoons Sumac
- 1 Garlic Clove, mashed in a mortar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pomegranate Molasses – optional for drizzling
- Toasted pita – optional
Gently toss the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green onions, radishes, bell pepper, partly and mint together in a large salad bowl.
Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, sumac, and garlic together along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Pour on top of the vegetables and toss again, lightly to coat.
Optional, add toasted pita and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses.